Thursday, July 8, 2010

L'Opera de Paris Garnier


What a wonderful week it's been - everyday I've visited another blog celebrating Paris in July with us, and every day I am reminded of the wonders of this amazing city of lights. I thought I would dedicate this post to L'Opera de Paris - an architectural symbol of the grand old city.

Each time we've visited Paris, we've used this gorgeous site as a meeting point, a reference point for navigating the city. It wasn't until our last visit in 2007 that we actually went inside for a tour - WOW!!! it was amazing.... Gorgeous. I just had to make enough noise to see if it echoed, but it's such a classic building, it seemed wrong to make too much noise. .....Once inside I could really sense the mystery of the famous 'Phantom of the Opera'
.
A great DVD to get out this weekend!


Paris in July has started with a huge week of blogging activity (which is a small problem given I have to post this weekends summary!). But the activity I've witnessed so far has been fantastic. There are posts about books, DVD's, food, holidays, the Tour de France, women of Paris, perfume, mothers and memories...... the options are endless. I am really looking forward to doing my review this weekend, and finding the first week winner!

4 comments:

Bellezza said...

This has been a wonderful event, Tamara! I've loved seeing the posts I have, yet as you say, there are many more to visit! We're off to a great start, and I'm enjoying Paris vicariously very much.

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

What gorgeous pictures!! Thanks for hosting this!!

Amy DeTrempe said...

When my middle daughter had her chance to visit Paris, this was the one and only place she wanted to see. Only later did she learn of its connection to the Phantom. It is beautiful. She has advised me that this is where she wants to be married - lol.

Electra said...

I'm thoroughly enjoying this! I've seen the Phantom three times, but never in Paris. I guess that would ba a goal...